Do you have your USI ready for 2015?
Student Information for the Unique Student Identifier
From 1 January 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI will be made up of a combination of 10 letters and number. For example: 3AW88YH9U5.
A USI account will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards. Your results from 2015 will be available in your USI account in 2016.
You can access your USI account online from a computer, tablet or smart phone anywhere and anytime. For more information on your USI you can visit http://www.industry.gov.au/skills/RegulationReformsAndInitiatives/UniqueStudentIdentifierForVET/Pages/default.aspx
Do you need a USI?
You will need a USI when you enrol or re-enrol in training from 1 January 2015 if you are a:
- student enrolling in nationally recognised training for the first time, for example if you are studying at TAFE or with a private training organisation, completing an apprenticeship or skill set, certificate or diploma course;
- school student completing nationally recognised training; or
- student continuing with nationally recognised training.
- You are a continuing student if you are a student who has already started your course in a previous year (and not yet completed it) and will continue studying after 1 January 2015.
- Once you create your USI you will need to give your USI to each training organisation you study with so your training outcomes can be linked and you will be able to:
- view and update your details in your USI account;
- give your training organisation permission to view and/or update your USI account;
- give your training organisation view access to your transcript;
- control access to your transcript; and
- view online and download your training records and results in the form of a transcript which will help you with job applications and enrolment in further training.
If you are an international, overseas or an offshore student please visit usi.gov.au for more information.
How to get a USI
It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online.
Steps to create your USI
The following steps show how you can create a USI:
Step 1 Have at least one and preferably two forms of ID ready from the list below:
- Driver’s License
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian)
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
- Immi Card
IMPORTANT: To make sure all of your training records are kept together, the USI will be linked to your name as it appears on the form of ID you used to create the USI. The personal details entered when you create a USI must match exactly with those on your form of ID.
If you do not have proof of ID from the list above, you can contact your training organisation about the other forms of ID they can accept to help you get a USI.
Step 2 Click on mrwed.jobreadyrto.com.au using the log in and temporary password provided in your acceptance letter.
Step 3 Change your password
Step 4 Click on either
- I do not have a USI and want to create one now
- I already have a USI and want to enter it now
Step 5 Check that the name as it appears in the form matches exactly to your chosen form of ID click next
Step 6 Select your form of ID and enter the data as it appears and click apply, this will add your USI to your job ready student portal please click on save before you exit
Step 7 Your USI should now be verified and you will receive an email from the USI official site please keep this safe as you will continue to use your USI for any future nationally recognised training you undertake.